Congratulations for planning your first world tour! The tour is going to be rocking with new places to visit and new experiences to gather. It is going to take a long time to get back to your place and you don’t want to actually spoil the trip in between and come back in between. Why I am saying this? There are lots of cases reported where people had to cut short their trip in between due to some reasons.
The major reason is severe health problem which may not be possible to treat in the visiting place or the cost was so high that the person needed to come back. If you don’t want this to happen to you, just go for a health check up before starting your journey.
Health check up gives you assurance that you can enjoy your trip the best way possible. If you are diagnosed with any disease it can be treated and if it is found that your body is not fit enough for the travel, you can postpone the journey and save a lot of time and money.
Why You Should Have a Health Check Before You Travel?
1. There are some diseases which are specific to some areas of the world such as measles, rubella, polio and many others. If you visit those places without proper immunization you may catch them soon. There are other diseases such as diphtheria, tetanus, plague and many more diseases which can attack any time. Proper immunization from the medical center may help you against them. You will safe wherever you go. You can ask your travel guide or the agency for the immunizations that you need to travel to the location you have planned. You need to do that early because some of the vaccinations take time to take action.
2. You would be able to balance things properly if you have good knowledge about your health condition. For example if you have high cholesterol then you can restrict yourself on oily foods and foods rich in cholesterol. This would let you enjoy the trip thoroughly without worries about the outcome of the change in routine. In case you don’t know that your cholesterol level is high and you take oily foods then the condition may become worse.
3. If you go through a check up before planning a trip it is possible to postpone it in case of any emergency illness. For example in many cases it is seen that people had stone in their gallbladder and the trip was cancelled at the last moment because of this. It is possible to plan a trip without any worry if you know you are completely fit.
4. You also need to know if you are travelling to places where malaria or any such disease is common. You can carry medicines in your luggage to fight with any possible effect.
5. Health check also makes you get the prescription for certain drugs which may not be available in the travelling country over the counter. You can always purchase them and carry the medicines with you so that you don’t suffer in an unknown place.
Travelling is fun and you don’t want your health to bother you while you are having fun with family and friends. Take precautions before it’s late and save a lot of money and time. Health Check before you travel can help you do that.